Mafell Z5Ec 12" Portable Band Saw
- Rips and cross-cuts big timbers up to 12" thick
- Ideal tool for tenon rip cuts, resawing timbers, notches for purlins, curved trusses, scarf joints, birdsmouths, and decorative ends for pergolas & corbels
- 120 V model is highly portable and only 30 lbs
The Mafell Z5Ec offers advanced features and capabilities that result in it being a truly remarkable portable band saw. Weighing only 30 lbs due to its magnesium die-cast components, the Z5Ec can cut a full 12" timber with perfectly square edges.
Using unique Front & Rear-Cutting Blades and a 30° blade tilting mechanism, this band saw can cut deep into timbers and be easily retracted. Blades are precisely guided with a ball bearing guidance system, which ensures the blade will run smoothly and guarantees the finest cutting.
The high performance 120 V motor features a cool air system which is designed to blow dust off of your project as you work which not only allows you clearly see your line at all times, but also keeps the chips far away from your face. The Mafell Z5Ec variable speed motor includes a mechanical safety brake to stop the blade at any time during operation.
Learn more about the Z5Ec's many uses in Mafell's Product Training for Carpentry Machines brochure.
|1 band side tiltable:||0 to 30°|
|Nominal speed - no load:||650 to 1550 rpm|
|Motor:||120 V or 240 V / 60 Hz|
- Front & Rear-Cutting Blade
- Softwood-Cutting Blade
- Tight Radius-Cutting Blade
- Handle for Two-Man Operation
- Parallel Guide Fence
- DuPont Teflon Spray
- 32.8 ft Cord
- Various band saw blades, trolley, and other accessories are available below
- 90% of Z5Ec customers also order a 10-pack of additional blades
- Front & Rear-Cutting Blades are ideal for backing out of cuts often (tenons, birdsmouths, dovetails)
- Softwood-Cutting Blades are best for continuous cuts in Pine, Spruce, and Cedar, as well as cross-cutting Douglas Fir and Cypress
- Hardwood-Cutting Blades are best for continuous cuts in Oak, Maple, Birch, as well as ripping Douglas Fir and Cypress