Happy Thanksgiving to All of You
Holiday Harvest from the Fryeburg Fair
We just wanted to take a moment to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving and a special time with your families and friends over the next few days.
At this time of year when we pause to give thanks, it seems like the airwaves are full of endless "Black Friday" marketing promotions. Where did all this talk of a Black Friday come from? Wikipedia says:
"The day's name originated in Philadelphia, where it originally was used to describe the heavy and disruptive pedestrian and vehicle traffic which would occur on the day after Thanksgiving. Use of the term started before 1961 and began to see broader use outside Philadelphia around 1975. Later an alternative explanation was made: that retailers traditionally operated at a financial loss from January through November, and "Black Friday" indicates the point at which retailers begin to turn a profit, or "in the black"...
Kind of a depressing concept... working ten months without making a penny. Being good Carpenters and Contractors, we hope that you have been successful serving your customers throughout the year, while making a little money along the way. Based on the feedback of so many of our customers, 2013 has been a good year to be in the construction field. Surely, we all have a lot to be thankful for. Here are a few of our reasons to give thanks:
1. Good health and beautiful mountains to look at each day while we prepare your orders.
2. Enjoyable phone calls with customers from all over the USA and Canada (and occasionally England, Australia, and New Zealand!)
3. Four or five Internet orders per day, mysteriously appearing in our Inbox. We really enjoy talking with you but Internet orders are fun, too.
4. Your stories about what you're building, and photos that show what you have accomplished.
5. Innovative Suppliers who design and manufacture world class tools.
6. The Timber Framers Guild and TFBC, and the entire community of timber framers, fine woodworkers and cabinet makers we are privileged to serve. You are an inspiring bunch of craftsman!
Living up in the Western Maine Mountains, let me propose a new, more positive description for the Friday after Thanksgiving. How about "Bright White Friday"? Let it snow!! 22 trails are now open at Sunday River in our backyard!
We wish all of you a very special Thanksgiving, and a Bright White Friday!
David and the growing Timberwolf Tools Team
Toll free: 800-869-4169
Fresh Snow in the Western Mountains of Maine